- Salon B
- Samenwerkende Pedicures
- Schwarzkopf Professional
- Scrub & Rub
- Sea Magik
- Sebastian Professional
- Sexy Hair
- Shu Uemura
- Skin Supplements
- Spa of Iceland
- Superli '37
- System Professional
FaceEyebrows & Eyelashes
Body & Skin
Coloring SuppliesSalon Interior
A day cream is essential in your daily skincare routine. It is important that you choose the right cream that best suits your skin type. Do you have oily or just dry skin? Dehydrated or sensitive skin? We are happy to help you find the best day creams.
A day cream
A day cream, but also called moisturizer is a face cream for the day. You apply it to clean skin in the morning. You have many different types and brands to choose from, but sometimes you can't remember which product is best. There are moisturizers, mattifiers, nourishers and anti-aging creams. You choose the best day cream that suits your skin type and condition.
The best day creams
What is the best day cream? This depends on your skin type. Do you have normal, oily, dry, sensitive or just combination skin? Once you know this, you can start looking for the best day creams.
- Normal skin has small pores.
- Oily skin has large pores and the skin shines quickly because it produces too much sebum. With oily skin, you can suffer from blemishes faster.
- Dry skin has few to no visible pores and quickly feels tight and may flake. The skin has a sebum (fat) deficiency.
- Combination skin consists of dry and oily skin. The T-zone (forehead, nose and chin) is often a bit oilier and the cheeks are drier again.
You can also match the day cream to your skin condition. Some skin conditions are: dehydrated, skin aging, acne, hyperpigmentation and sensitive skin.
- Dehydrated skin is common to almost everyone. Due to the use of heating, air conditioning and dry air, moisture is withdrawn from the skin. The skin feels tight.
- Unfortunately, skin aging is genetic. Many outside influences can also accelerate it. Do you use good products? Then you can slow down aging.
- Acne, unfortunately an annoying skin condition. This can come from hormones, an unhealthy lifestyle, hereditary predisposition, but also from using the wrong and too aggressive products.
- Hyperpigmentation is mainly caused by the sun. This is the biggest cause of colored spots on the skin. Hormones also play a role in this, for example the mask of pregnancy.
- Sensitive skin often has red patches and flakes. Sensitive skin is often dry, but this can also occur in combination with oily and combination skin.
The effect of a day cream
A day cream can moisturize the skin, but also protect, nourish, soothe, mattify and firm. This varies by product and ingredients. For example, there are also creams that provide hydration, but also soothe or firm the skin at the same time. This is how you choose the best face cream for what your skin needs. Your skin can change every season; in summer and winter it needs hydration, but in autumn, for example, it needs a little more nourishment. You use a day cream every morning after cleansing your face. Generally, everyone uses too much product, but you don't need much at all. A face cream is also a good base for your makeup.
A day cream with SPF
To protect your skin properly, use another SPF over your day cream. There are also good day creams with an SPF in them. This is because it is very important to protect your skin from harmful UV-A and UV-B rays every day. The Medik8 Advanced Day Ultimate Protect SPF50 and Dermalogica Clearing Defense SPF30 are day creams with an SPF.