You probably see them often when you are scrolling on your social: sleek hairstyles. The sleek hair-style is totally hot at the moment and impossible to go without. It gives you an elegant, chic but also fancy look. This combined with beautiful make-up completes the look! Many celebrities preceded you with sleek hairstyles, like Selena Gomez or Jennifer Lopez. Of course, we have tested some for you and explain step by step how to make it yourself! Read on quickly!
Create sleek hair yourself
Make sure you have the following products and accessories before you start:
- Use the right brush; Choose e.g. the Wahl fade brush or the GHD narrow dressing brush.
- A tail comb for the parting.
- The right styling products so your hair stays together. For example, we recommend the creme of nature argan oil flexible styling snot or the Kevin.Murphy free hold. In addition, a strong finishing spray is always handy.
- A fine brush to remove tangles from the hair.
- Bobby pins and rubber bands
1. How to do a Sleek Bun?
- Step 1: Remove all tangles from your hair.
- Step 2: Grab a tail comb and make sure your parting is good and tight in the middle.
- Step 3: Grab your hair with your hand and brush your hair back tightly. It doesn't matter if there are any bumps in your hair at this step.
- Step 4: Next, take the Wahl Fade brush and comb your hair per side from your parting neatly to the back.
- Step 5: Now make a bun of your hair with two rubber bands so it stays in place better. Make sure your bun is low on your neck. If necessary, use bobby pins to secure it better.
- Step 6: Brush again with, for example, the Wahl Fade brush to make sure your hair stays in tight shape.
- Step 7: Take a small amount of the Kevin.Murphy Free hold or your other favourite styling gel. Rub the free hold warm in your hands and sweep it down from your parting to your bun for a gorgeous shiny effect.
- Step 8: Check your hair carefully and see if you don't have any hair bumps anywhere as this shouldn’t be there for the perfect sleek hair bun.
- Step 9: For extra hold, spray some finishing spray over your hair.
2. How to do Sleek Ponytail
- Step 1: Brush your hair back to remove tangles.
- Step 2: Optional: Grab a tail comb and make sure your parting is nice and tight in the middle. You can also choose to do this without a parting and brush your hair completely back, this is what Maaike did.
- Step 3: Next, take the Wahl Fade brush and comb your hair tight and smooth to the back.
- Step 4: Fix your hair in the back in a low ponytail or a high ponytail. This depends on how long your hair is and what you look your going after.
- Step 5: Brush again with, for example, the Wahl Fade brush to make sure your hair stays in place.
- Step 6: Take a small amount of the Kevin.Murphy free hold and rub it warm between your hands before use, or use your other favourite styling gel. Sweep this in from your hairline to your ponytail and smooth for a nice effect.
- Step 7: For the finishing touch, spray some styling spray over your hair. Go for a high gloss spray to accentuate the sleek look.
3. The Sleek Middle Part
- Step 1: First brush the tangles out of the hair.
- Step 2: Make sure you create a middle parting with the tail comb.
- Step 3: Next, separate your hair at the front. Put the tail comb on your parting and pull the comb down past your ear one side at a time. This will create two strands at the front.
- Step 4: Secure your remaining hair in a bun with a hair tie.
- Step 5: Start combing your front strands that you kept separate. Comb this nicely behind your ears. For example with the Wahl Fade brush.
- Step 6: The strands hanging loose behind your ear can be secured with a small hair tie or bobby pin.
- Step 7: Use your favourite styling gel and apply it over your strands with your fingers.
- Step 8: Take the pins and slide them long into your ears over the tufts. Two on each side.
- Step 9: Then loosen your hair and let it fall over your tufts and brush your remaining hair until it is tangle-free and nice and smooth.
- Step 10: Extra tip: If necessary, back-twist your hair at the back of your head to make it look a little more bulbous and make your look prettier. Then brush your hair back over it nicely.
Styling products for sleek hair
Enjoy your sleek look!